111 UnPlugged Play and Creativity
Today I’m talking to Bobbi Conner national child development and parenting journalist, author and parenting speaker for more than 20 years she produced and hosted the award-winning Parent’s Journal Public Radio Program. She’s also the author of Unplugged Play. No Batteries. No Plugs. Pure Fun.
Listen to this week’s show
What we learn in this podcast::
- When did you realise you had a passion for unplugged play?
- What led you to start the parents journal radio program?
- When you look back on your early parenting years what would you like to tell your younger self?
- What was it like raising your children and working outside the home – what types of things did you do to keep play going?
- Why did you decide to speak out about electronic play and write the book unplugged play?
- What would you recommend about setting limits on screen time and electronics?
- What alternative suggestions to fill that electronic time?
- How do you cultivate a child’s creativity
- How would you encourage those that are trying these unplugged and creative ideas in a culture where it’s new or not the norm?
Build a Track with Masking Tape :: Kid Activities Blog
Who has had a big influence on your parenting?
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).