Today I’m talking to Bobbi Conner national child development and parenting journalist, author and parenting speaker for more than 20 years she produced and hosted the award-winning Parent’s Journal Public Radio Program. She’s also the author of Unplugged Play. No Batteries. No Plugs. Pure Fun.
Listen to this week’s show
What we learn in this podcast::
- When did you realise you had a passion for unplugged play?
- What led you to start the parents journal radio program?
- When you look back on your early parenting years what would you like to tell your younger self?
- What was it like raising your children and working outside the home – what types of things did you do to keep play going?
- Why did you decide to speak out about electronic play and write the book unplugged play?
- What would you recommend about setting limits on screen time and electronics?
- What alternative suggestions to fill that electronic time?
- How do you cultivate a child’s creativity
- How would you encourage those that are trying these unplugged and creative ideas in a culture where it’s new or not the norm?
Build a Track with Masking Tape :: Kid Activities Blog
Who has had a big influence on your parenting?
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).