Calmer Easier Happier Parenting Of Boys #125
Listen to this week’s show
Boys have energy! Ask any parent. Today we’re talking about boys, parenting and play.
Join Noël Janis-Norton, author,teacher, trainer speaker learning and behavioural specialist has developed a practical, solution-focused approach parenting programme, called Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting as we talk about raising a boy.
In this episode::
- What’s unique and special about boys and how they play?
- Space and boys and what can we do about our situation?
- Recognizing boys being who they are.
- Changing our expectations especially moms
- The value of boys letting off steam
- Things we should consider when raising boys?
- Language, fine motor skills, social skills
- How we can learn as moms about our boys easily?
- “Children need those interactions more than they need a tidy house“:- Noel Janis Norton
- extending conversation and encouraging eye contact
- Ideas for helping with Fidgeting, Focus, competition and play fighting
- Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting: The Revolutionary Programme That Transforms Family Life
- Special time with same gender parent
- How do we start the conversation with our partners about our boys without it seeming to be confrontational?
- Praise appreciation and acknowledgment and the Dad
- Being a stranger in your own home.
- Date nights and connecting
- Solution finding for your family conversations solution talk
- Male input for solutions, consequences and rules of the family
- Male role models
- Benefits of think throughs for getting things done
- On getting out of the role of being your child’s entertainer try these ideas
- Meeting other families and parents of boys
- …let’s not forget the boys and the DVD- Bringing Out The Best in Boys
- Going on a shape hunt
Inspired to action #4 Podcast with Kat
- Calmer easier happier homework book out 14th February!
Call in your feedback : http://raisingplayfultots.com/feedback
Comments always welcome here in the shownotes or via feedback on Raisingplayfultots.com/feedback. ( Free)
Please let your Twitter friends know about this podcast- Click this link
New to Podcasts?
Watch this video from Chris Marquardf to learn how to subscribe to podcasts using your iPhone.
Search for Raising Playful Tots to get to our show
This episode is linked to
Grab your free subscription and get
- 10 ways to extend your child's play!
- Intentional play conversation
- Show updates