Introducing cooking activities for children #127
Listen to this week’s show
Meet Leah Cherry, founder of Skill It where she teaches children and their families how to cook, sew, make and grow, time-honored talents that remain essential for living well today.
In this episode::
- How to make a large batch of Quesadillas quickly for the family.
- Getting out of a dinner rut and bring joy to the dinner table.
- Introduction to Season’s Eating.
- Cooking with kids in local communities and cooking clubs
- Simple things you can do to make cooking accessible to all ages.
- Reports of broccoli pesto
- Home economics teachers
- Making something with our hands
- Being connected, handmade and home cooked
- Learning how to grow and make stuff
- Living in Hawaii and locally grown food
- Why choose seasonal food for children?
- Local, fresh and things that are in season- what foods and what that will make you feel ?
- Cooking a complete meal isn’t a hard as it seems
- there has to be cooking going on in the house
- opportunities to be part of the cooking process
- a fun test to try with the children
- How we can help children to be comfortable and work well in the kitchen
- When are good times to help
- How do we unify the dinner experience so not so many different meals are served at the same time.
- Dinners with bases lead to customized dinners
- Two actions you’ve taken in the last two years that has had a positive effect on your life.
- Paint & Paste Chinese Dragon
- Seasons Eatings Use the coupon code “playfultots” at checkout to get 20% off!
- Celebrating #simpleparenting on G+ and Instagram
Please let your Twitter friends know about this podcast- Click this link Like us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest New to Podcasts? Watch this video from Chris Marquardf to learn how to subscribe to podcasts using your iPhone. Search for Raising Playful Tots to get to our show