Kids draw but what to do if it’s the same thing over again. Should I be worried? What type of drawing materials are good to start with a toddler. MaryLea of Pink and Green Mamma gives an art teachers perspective for parents to use. She shares activities, ideas and sound advice about drawing in the under 5 stage. MaryLea is quick to give lots of ideas so grab a pen and some paper
Listen to this week’s show
What we learn in this podcast::
- Art experiences we could be trying with our under 5 year olds.
- How to make drawing fun?
- Interesting materials to consider drawing on
- What happens if your son or daughter likes a particular character and wants to draw them constantly should we be worried
- Ideas for when the kids want you to draw the same thing over and over again.
- things every under 5 should experience using for drawing pleasure?
- Drawing projects especially how to choose them by ages and stages.
- Cookie cutter art- the ups and downs of it.
- Finding a range of paper
- Other combinations than pencil and paper for drawing
Black glue and water resist :: Pink and Green Mamma
Lesson plan ebooks :: Pink and Green Mamma
#12 There are no mistakes :: Past show
#38 Toddler art supplies :: Past show
Come Sow with Me :: Play Activities
Here’s What You Could Do Next…
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).
Thank you for listening and being a playmate!