Kids draw but what to do if it’s the same thing over again. Should I be worried? What type of drawing materials are good to start with a toddler. MaryLea of Pink and Green Mamma gives an art teachers perspective for parents to use. She shares activities, ideas and sound advice about drawing in the under 5 stage. MaryLea is quick to give lots of ideas so grab a pen and some paper
Listen to this week’s show
What we learn in this podcast::
- Art experiences we could be trying with our under 5 year olds.
- How to make drawing fun?
- Interesting materials to consider drawing on
- What happens if your son or daughter likes a particular character and wants to draw them constantly should we be worried
- Ideas for when the kids want you to draw the same thing over and over again.
- things every under 5 should experience using for drawing pleasure?
- Drawing projects especially how to choose them by ages and stages.
- Cookie cutter art- the ups and downs of it.
- Finding a range of paper
- Other combinations than pencil and paper for drawing
Black glue and water resist :: Pink and Green Mamma
Lesson plan ebooks :: Pink and Green Mamma
#12 There are no mistakes :: Past show
#38 Toddler art supplies :: Past show
Come Sow with Me :: Play Activities
Here’s What You Could Do Next…
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).
Thank you for listening and being a playmate!
What does your art supplies area look like? Encouragement for the art challenged mum.
MaryLea of Pink and Green Mama shares her art supply list in this 25 minute show
You can download the MP3 file for this podcast directly by clicking here, you can also subscribe through iTunes.
Listen to this week’s show
00:00 Introduction and Welcome
01:38 Washing hands and school germs
03:14 What is the state of your art box?
05:56 Interview with MaryLea
08:12 Art challenged mums
What types of activities would you suggest for those of us that haven’t done much art at home for whatever reason?
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ”
09:23 It is the process not the product | There are no mistakes in Art
13:03 What basic supplies would you suggest for toddlers?
NB: Please note that these are recommendations. You know your child. Many art supplies are choking hazards. Try to choose non-toxic and be present during activities
17:47 Just ask Baby
Weekly find: Elise of Inspiration Surrounds, Creativity Abounds
Would love your comments
|Start a conversation about this show in our Blog Frog community….|
Have a look at some ideas for play for those young babies who want to grab everything. See the best type of play for them in this ebook.
Today I’m joined by MaryLea of Pink and Green Mama. She’s an art teacher who crafts at home with her two girls and shares to the world a huge variety of Art ideas.
Show me a child under 5 and what they truly want to be holding is a crayon or a marker. MaryLea writes an inspirational blog celebrating the many faces of art. There are beginner activities for us novices out there, crafty activities as well as more complex ideas that you can see unfold through her step by step photographs. Plus ones you are glad she thought to do because they look amazing and the kids think you’re a superstar love them. With so many posts, I warn you that you can loose all track of time browsing her blog. MaryLea handpicks her favourite posts to inspire your art work during this podcast.
Find out how to use Sharpies in art , the random art that happens off blog and a very funny story about how there are no mistakes in Art.
Enjoy the show!
NotimeforFlashcards:When we are apart
Play Activities: When mum’s away what will the kids play?
|Start a conversation about this show in our community….|
This show is part of the moms talk radio network