How do you divide your time between work that has to get done and playing with your child? Allie from NoTimeForFlashcards.com, Educator and creative crafter and Melitsa share their struggles,systems, solutions and stories about the age old question; are we doing enough ( or too much?)
Listen to this week’s show
- Deciding how much time to spend crafting
- Dealing with the frustration of them refusing to do a brilliantly thought out activity
- Working out your day with play included
- Why we should plan some play
- How to give individual time when you have two chidlren
- The glory of quiet time
- Planning to be unstructured
- Having realistic expectations of length of play depends on their age/stage
- Stretching out an activity- getting the most from an activity
- Training and teaching what happens when you need to get things done.
- Scheduling the TV hours
- ebb and flow of the day
Crayon Freckles: Painting with Kitchen utensils
Here’s What You Could Do Next…
Now that you listened to this episode of Raising Playful Tots, here’s what you could to do next:
- Education is meaningless without action. So, tell me what you learned from this episode, and how you plan to apply it to your family in the comment section.
- If you enjoyed this episode, do me a favor and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Or better yet, send a personal email to one of your friends whom you’d think would love this.
- This part is important. I’m currently have only a few reviews on iTunes, and I need to get to 10 reviews. If you have a few seconds, can you please go to iTunes and leave me an honest review (after subscribing).
Thank you for listening!
What’s in your preschoolers backpack? Is it full of crafts and activities? Lurking near the bottom is probably a newsletter or something for us to read. This week I take a look at what we find in our preschool newsletter. Is it useful for parents other than just dates or does it help connect and play with our children in this 21 minute podcast.
00:00 Introduction and Welcome
01:08 Last week Janni Nicol show #30 Steiner/Waldorf play
01:21 Are you a mum with a question about play or want to share your play ideas? Email me. or Voice mail 512 827 0505 x 3998
01:51 Moving. Finding toys, yard sales and collaborating together
04:22 Starting age of school in the UK and overview of our preschool experiences so far.
05:03 Preschool information that they bring home? Newsletter
09:07 Suggested home activities
10:31 Month of preschool emails about play
14:41 Weekly newsletter of play activities | Play-activities.com
16:23 Judy Johnston: Tessy and Tab
16:33 Weekly finds:
- 6 Fun Things to Do with a Cardboard Box
- 10 Picture Books that Teach Important Life Lessons
- Summer reading challenge
18:19 Outdoor products contest| TV appearance
|Start a conversation about this show in our BlogFrogcommunity….|
This show is part of the moms talk radio network